HIFU, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, is usually referred to a medical treatment using concentrated multiple beams of ultrasound on the targeted areas. The beams transmitted have useful thermal and mechanical effects on the deeper layers of the skin.
Ultherapy is a brand of a HIFU machine that is used worldwide to counteract the effects of gravity on the skin – non-surgically. Ultherapy is the only FDA-approved skin lifting machine that lifts and tightens the neck, chin and brow, and improves lines and wrinkles on the chest with real-time imaging via ultrasound so that the doctor is able to identify the areas that require treatment. Ultherapy promises the following capabilites:
- DEPTH Treats tissue at 3 layers – 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm.
- TEMPERATURE Consistently hears tissue to 60-70°C, optimal for stimulating neocollagenesis.
- PRECISION Precisely spaced and consistently placed coagulation points promote healing and protect healthy skin.
- IMAGING Patented DeepSEE™ visualisation technology lets you see and treat in real time.
- RESULTS Effectively lift from the inside out.
After gathering feedback from patients and from studies of HIFU, these observations are made:
- DEPTH Unable to consistently heat at 3 layers – i.e. 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm. Too shallow may cause burns and too deep can reach the bone and it can be extremely painful and no neocollagenesis occurs.
- TEMPERATURE Unable to substantiate with studies that it can heat tissue consistently to 60-70°C although manufacturers claimed that their machines can.
- PRECISION No evidence to support the claim that it can precisely target and effectively treat the tissue under the skin.
- IMAGING No real time imaging provided. Decreased safety and potentially inconsistent results, leading to reduced efficacy.
- RESULTS Unconfirmed. No supporting publication on desired outcome.
So Which Is Better?
The efficacy and safety of Ultherapy has been demonstrated in several clinic studies. Ultherapy is FDA-cleared for 4 indications i.e. lifting of the brow, submental (jawline), DEEPSEE™ Visualisation and décolleté.
Another important differentiating factor is that Ultherapy is supported by over 110 studies and research papers. To date, there has been more than 1,000,000 treatments with Ultherapy globally.
Although the cost of treatment using Ultherapy can be two or three times more costly than a HIFU, you are guaranteed that the treatment is carried out using controlled parameters, delivering only the best and giving effective results.
If you are considering a skin lifting treatment, make sure you choose a clinic that uses Ultherapya and request to see the certificate of authenticity that the vendor provides to every clinic.
Doctor Yada Clinic, PATTAYA LASER EXPERT!
Facial, Body design & Innovative LASER. You dream it, we do it!
Open Hour 11.00-21.00
📍Pattaya Klang Branch
📍Central Marina Branch
• Inbox : https://www.facebook.com/doctorYada/
• Line id : @doctoryadaclinic or click link https://line.me/R/ti/p/%40doctoryadaclinic
• website : www.doctoryadaclinic.com